Hundreds of millions of iPads haven’t been invited to the smart home party – yet.
But they’re coming anyway with some interesting options for Smart Homes.
- Another locus for a controller hub in the home – beyond geo-fencing, Apple TV and HomePod – for remote communications when you’re not home
- Brings Apple’s huge “installed base” of iPads into play as fixed appliances, to counter the numerical rise of Echo/Alexa
- A visual partner and “battery” mate for the HomePod together forming an unassailable best-of-breed network backbone
- Utilizes kitchen counter outlets as “home plate” for home automation, leveraging the design advantages of Poorts
- New functions for new or recycled iPads, using just 5V/10W as a rural or solar power appliance.
Poort enclosures enable a non-proprietary, smart kitchen hub – an independent web browser free of closed ecosystem allegiances. Put an old friend behind the plate – the smartest home starts with a Poort and has to have an iPad.